Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Peter the Great!

Father's day is coming as you all know and I thought I might take the time before the big day to share with you a few of the resons my husband must be the the world's greatest.

*He has folded most of the laundry the last two weeks and ironed twice, once without asking.

*At least two nights a week, due to me working, he baths and puts the kids to bed. It is usually three times a week because I usually have some sort of Relief Society meeting or visit to make.

*For mother's day he said he would take me purse shopping and not just get me a gift card or something less paiful for a man than the actual shopping. Well, we finally found time last night and he bought me not one purse but four! I know you are all jealous. I did have to agree to getting rid of at least one of the bag's I already own; fair enough right!

*He will always ask if there is anything I need for him to do while I am at work. He has already worked all day but he is always ready with a helping hand around the house.

*He can cook and enjoys it. We actually really enjoy cooking together but if I have worked on a Saturday night and need a nap after church, which he usually makes me take, he will have finished making dinner. He makes some great food!

*He spends time with our kids working with them on their karate, homework or playing Bakugan!

*I need not fear that he won't be able to do Arabella's hair. I had meetings before church and told him to just bring her bows and I would do it there. They showed up and she had the cutest pigtails with bows and a pony in the back that was flipped up and through. Bravo dad!

*He calms me. I was feeling overwhelmed the other night and he listened to me and then reassured me with love and patience.

*He honors his priesthood. I have recieved some of the sweetest blessings from my amazing husband.

*His testimony is the thing that I think first attracted me to him. He did not doubt that what he knew was true. He loves the scriptures and I love him for that.

*He is sometimes such a boy at heart! Cub Scouts has to be his favorite calling ever. He gets to make nifty awards, do crazy cheers and claps, build fires, launch rockets, and let us not forget the pinewood derby cars. Oh the enormous grin these things put on his face.

*He spoils me- right now I am thinking of the heavenly birthday cake he made me. You can see it here. But there are many other ways too!

*He works hard to support our family and I am grateful for that. He has also been the one to do most of the phone calling, collecting of paper work, faxing, etc for the mess with our house in Las Vegas. This I am so thankful for because alot of it is confusing to me still. It is almost over, we hope! Keep your fingers crossed.

I could go on but I know that my husband is amazing. He loves me, he loves our kids, and he loves the gospel. I could not ask for anything more.

I love you Peter!

2 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

That was so sweet Shell. Way to be a great husband Pete!

Megan said...

you do have a great husband. always thought he was okay for a brother (he he!) but, he will always be a baboon in my opinion! (tell him i said that, he'll get it!)