Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

It was my 31st birthday on Friday and it was a great day!

My sweet husband woke up very early to make this delicious birthday cake from scratch for me-my favorite German Chocolate! Yummy! He also made a great breakfast. I went for a run while he was busy cooking. It was a great start to the day!

For an adventure, we went to the Stockyards in Fort Worth for the day.
This was as the cowboys were taking the cattle out to drive them through the streets.

This was my favorite longhorn becuase the horns were pointing down and not up or out to the sides.



Arabella was not too thrilled to take this picture. While we were waiting in line the longhorn took care of business and Jon would not stop talking about that.


The kids loved feeding the animals in the petting zoo. This experience led to something you will find at the end of this blog.

My chariot and drivers!


Jon saw this as we were walking out of the parking lot and wanted to ride the mechanical "bolt". He kept asking and asking. He loved every minute of it. I will have to post the video sometime.


Joey did really well on the "bolt" as well. He actually got going a bit faster and stayed on pretty well. What little cowboys we have.


This train pulled up right next to the restaurant while we were eating and Joey was more than excited. Peter and Joey went out and watched it pull on to the turntable. We took this picture after it was turned around. They had this candy store there that sold old classics. I bought Zots. It made me so happy to have that fizzy sour taste in my mouth. It was a step back in time.


It is sideways but this is my delicious cake before I blew out the candles. A friend and her family came over so that Peter and I could go to dinner. It was so nice to spend some time together out just the two of us.


This is what we did with our time together- we got a pet guinea pig. We named him Chester. We also bought three goldfish: Buzz, Lightning and Dusty.


Saturday night it did this again!!!! Friday was beautiful weather and then freezing on Saturday. We had planned to go to this preserve and museum but decided it would be too cold so we spent the day running errands around town. That resulted in the picture below.


That would be Rusty in Peter's left hand and Chester in the Peter's right hand. Apparently, guinea pigs do better in pairs and so, well, we have two now. They are loved nearly to death by our children but they seem to be tolerating it well. They are both males so there will not be any little guineas around.


We ended the weekend with a fabulous ward conference. We have a great ward and we love the people in it. They are a joy to serve with and get to know.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think y'all have done more in the few months you have been there, than we did the entire time we lived there! what great plans!!!

Levanger Family said...

You guys always have such fun as a family! Happy birthday! We just did Women of the Well again and you were missed!

Cristi L. said...

Hope you had a great day! It looks like a fun one. Houston is fun too... come visit anytime!!

Kelsey Booth said...

I would tell those pets of yours to watch out with Pete around...you know he loves to eat guinea pigs :) Looks like a super birthday!