Thursday, December 14, 2017

Half Marathon and Ward Triathlon - September 2017

I had heard that the Tour de Fleur is a great race! 
So, I signed up to run the half marathon with the thought I wanted to push myself and train hard and do what I have done before.  
I signed up, I tried to train hard but it was a hard race. 

 It was really hot and humid that day and I struggled. 
 My time was not what I had hoped for but I do not feel ashamed by it. 
 Later that day our ward held a triathlon for the senior primary kids and youth. 
It was so much fun! 
They swam in a ward member's pool, then quickly transitioned to their bikes and biked to a nearby park. Then, at the park they ran a lap around and finished at the pavillion where there was a barbecue. The kids loved it and the adults enjoyed cheering them on. 


 This girl toughed it out despite her bike chain falling off twice. Gratefully, dad was there the second time and was able to adjust her wheel so the chain would stay on. 
And nice Brother Smithers made these cool medallions for each participant. 

No comments: