Monday, November 6, 2017

Welcome Home

The day after a trip is always busy with laundry, shopping, unpacking and we had an orthodontist appointment.  But Samantha was doing it all in style. 
 The kids were being so good and were enjoying time in their own home and with their own toys. There were some shenanigans amongst the Lily and Samantha who was sitting on the armrest of the couch and then BAM! Samantha fell, crying ensued and Jon who was nearby was first to her aid. Then he was panicked and said, "Mom there is blood!" I ran in and Arabella brought paper towels. Yep, she had cut her head open when she fell backwards and hit the shelf behind her. 
 I really did not want to go to the ER. I know funny because I work there but why pay a $200 co pay when I could pay $75 at urgent care or $25 at the pediatricians. I checked and the pediatric urgent care was not open. So then I called the pediatricians office.  In my haste, and doing all of this one handed while holding pressure to her head, I accidentally called our pediatrcian's personal cell phone.  She kindly answered and when I explained, she told me to come right in. 
 The saddest face I have ever seen her make. She was trying to hard to be brave. 
Staples in and she healed up beautifully. 
I had planned for a more low key first day back but it would have been a bit of a let down after the fun of our trip, right?!

No comments: