Thursday, October 8, 2015

Utah for Joseph and Dad

We will pretend that these pictures did not end up in reverse order. 
We decided a few years ago that when each of our children turned 12 we wanted to take them to Utah to attend a session of General Conference. Well we have achieved that stage of life and made that trip with Joseph (well, Peter went with him while I stayed home with the other kids).
Priesthood session tickets were what we ended up with . We had 5 so Joseph, Peter, my dad, Peter's =-dad and Ben (Peter's brother) all went. They were on the main floor and in the center= great seats!
 This is from Friday night, at the BYU football game with my parents and some cousins and uncles.  The game started a bit late and this is when Joseph could not stay awake any longer and fell asleep. 
 Friday during the day, they tried to go hiking but there was rain and some lightning and so they went to Peter' s favorite Peruvian restaurant, La Carreta, for lunch. Peter even was able to get his favorite dish, ceviche. 

And Friday morning, they started the day out with Joseph's first trip to the temple. He did baptisms at the Payson Temple and he did names that Peter and I found with a little help from Peter's mom. 
I think they both had a great time and we definitely want to make this a tradition for all of our kids. 1 down, 4 more to go. 
As for those of us left back at home, we went swimming Friday afternoon and had dinner at Cane's (chicken fingers- delicious).  Saturday we rode our bikes to the donut shop and then to the church to help clean but it was done by the time we got there. We did our housework and then settled in for conference. The kids were really good the whole time and I feel like I was able to catch 90% of the talks. I definitely felt uplifted, edified, inspired, loved, and encouraged. I was sad to see it end but I look forward to reading and re- reading the talks; may they be written on my heart. 

No comments: