Saturday, June 28, 2014

Family in Town Part 4 Samantha's Blessing Day

Having 8:30 church makes for a rushed arrival on such a big day. 
The below picture was such a precious moment for me. They all wanted to hold her and lover her and be a part of this important day.
 I don't recall getting emotional with any of the other baby blessings but this one was really touching to me.
I watched my husband careful hold our precious daughter in his arms and then he was assisted by my dad and his dad and our Bishop and our home teacher, my heart was full.
I felt so grateful to have been blessed with 5 beautiful children to love and teach and care for. I felt the trust of my Heavenly Father and his love for me and our children especially Samantha. 
She is a precious daughter to him and he wants me to make sure she knows that.
I realized that my heart had truly become a mother's heart. My children and husband are my everything and all of my actions and energy are devoted to them and their well being. I would not have it any other way. This is my purpose "to care, to prepare, to nurture and to strengthen all of my children," I will "teach them to obey to pray, to love and serve in the family."  This means that I must be an example of these things and try each day to put my best efforts in to doing this. 
Each of my children has taught me something new about being a mother (they teach me daily truthfully) but on this special day, I was taught through Samantha (my last) that this is my purpose and that Heavenly Father wants me to succeed and will help me because he has entrusted me with these sweet spirits. 



 
 "What, you put Samantha down where we can reach her and we can smother her with love and adoration?  Okay we will gladly oblige."


 I missed getting a picture of me with my parents that day, my mom has one on her phone but it did not turn out very well. So, the below picture of my dad will have to be my cherished memory of their efforts to be a part of these important events in my children's lives. I am so thankful that we had so much family here to celebrate with us!

No comments: