Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fort Worth Zoo

The Saturday of Jon's Baptism we spent the morning at the Forth Worth Zoo.
It was a beautiful day!
My sister Jana took a bunch of great pics. I took some but spent time enjoying the day and forgetting the camera which makes me sad but it was a good day!
 Lily and Grandma Rabner checking out the orangutan. He was so funny; sitting right up by the window and watching all of the zoo visitors like they were watching him. 
 Jon and I had been reading (and have since finished) The One and Only Ivan which is about a gorilla.
He wanted his picture with this awesome gorilla and yes, it did make me think of Ivan.
 The cousins
 The highlight of the day was feeding the birds.
 Jon had a real knack for getting the birds to climb on his stick.
 Joey tried really hard but no luck.

 Arabella tried really hard too but no luck either.
Jon and our cousin Sadie both love snakes so imagine their delight when this was out for petting in the reptile house.
We had a quick trip so that we could be back in time for the baptism but Saturday was hands down the best weather during their visit so I am really glad we chose to go that day. 

No comments: