Saturday, November 23, 2013

Washington DC- The National Mall

Last Thursday, Peter and I headed to Washington DC for a weekend.
It was marvelous!
We arrived in the late afternoon and headed to the National Mall to see what we could. 
 Washington Monument- it is under construction due to repairs needed after an earthquake.

 The World War II memorial was so beautiful. I loved the reliefs on the walls and the quotes.
It was inspiring. 

 I had heard that the Lincoln Memorial was a spiritual place and I have to agree. 
He was a man for his time and I have no doubt that God had an influence in his life that allowed him to be the man that was needed at that time. 

 The Jefferson Memorial was so lovely at night.  

 I did some food research before we went and we ate some delicious food!
This is at We the Pizza and that pizza I am eating (butternut squash, carmelized onions, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar) was one of the BEST pieces of pizza I have had in my life!
They also make their own sodas. The strawberry was better than the cream soda. 
We had a great first night and the city was beautiful!

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

yay I am so happy yall had so much fun in DC and I am all about researching food to eat on vacations these days.. yummy!