Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 2 Vacation- Disneyland

 Welcome to Disneyland!

 Arabella loves princesses and so we tried very hard to meet them all. Grandma Rabner let her get her face painted and took her to meet Belle.
 We all met Sleeping Beauty who told Jon he was a prince and that Arabella had great confidence in him. 
 Lily's first ride- Peter Pan


 Dumbo
 Ben always had his camera out and ready to capture the action.
 Teacups
 Autotopia- the kids were most excited about going on this ride.  

 Joey was big enough to drive by himself and I told him that he did such a great job that I will even consider letting him get his license when he is 16.

 Big Thunder Mountain- hands down the boys favorite ride.  I think it was because it was not loud or dark but was still fast and exciting. We rode this one a bunch and gratefully we never stood in line for more than 15 or so minutes!
 It's a small world was Lily's favorite ride- she would laugh and squeal and bounce up and down. So cute!!!
 Grandma Rabner and Jon enjoying the parade (despite Jon's face).
 Arabella waving at the princesses just about made me cry I was so happy for her.  It was truly magical!

 I am not sure if the parade made her this happy or if it was being on dad's shoulders or just being our of the stroller.

More Princesses.
We ended our day with watching Fantasmic; all of the kids fell asleep but we adults enjoyed great seats and ate some good food while waiting for it to start.  
Ben and Jared had never been to Disneyland before.  We were excited to share this first experience with them.  I love Disneyland-it is filled with so many happy memories for me.  It makes me think of my mom and how happy she gets about being there and seeing her kids and grandkids there having fun.I love the parades and the atmosphere, the music and the characters (that never break character), the attention to detail in all of the decorations and uniforms and costumes, and the food- delicious!
Here is a video of Lily in It's a Small World - one very  happy baby!

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

So fun. I love Disneyland and cant wait to go back. I'm glad ya'll had such a blast!