Saturday, February 11, 2012

Miss (or Mister) Lily

She is 6 months old now! 
Yes, I am the one that gave her a marker to play with but the lid was on when I handed it to her.
She was just testing out the taste of marker and what she might look like with a crazy mustache.
She was happy at least.
 On Monday at her check up she was:
16 lbs 12.5 oz
26 inches
Yea Lily!!!
 We call her Silly Lily alot!
She does not think solid food is a good thing.  She ate rice cereal the first about 3 times and then would just cry every time we tried to feed her.  So I tried a different cereal - one reasonably good feeding and then no way.  Her MO is you get one spoonful of anything (I have since tried some veggies and some fruits) in her mouth and she gives you a dirty look as she kind of gums/gags it down and then each time you get close to her with the spoon she clamps her mouth shut.  
We have tried tricks like getting her laughing and quickly putting some food in her mouth but that only works about twice and then she keeps her smiles limited.  Oh she is a smart one! 
She did enjoy some applesauce the other day and I gave her a baby rice cake thing yesterday and she thought it was fun to chew on but when it began to dissolve she got that same "wait a minute this is food-you tricked me" look on her face.  She did finish it - likely because it was entertaining.
 What I love about this little girl is that she will smile for just about anyone.
She does seem to like me best but she really is great about strangers.
She will let all sorts of people hold her and I am so glad that she will.  Sometimes I watch women hold her and it is like they get their baby fix.  I have felt so blessed to have her since the moment I found out I was pregnant.  I love sharing the joy of Lily with others and I am so grateful she is happy to share her joy.
Lily, I love you! 

No comments: