Sunday, October 30, 2011

Beat Down and Uplifted

I have several things that I have been meaning to post and pictures to share with whoever reads this blog like Lily's blessing and our trip to the Texas state fair or the first 2 halloween parties we attended (one of them we hosted) but today I had a bit of a beat down.
I should not let things get to me the way that they do but I do.  I am the relief society president and as such I have realized that there are things that I can and can not do as just a woman because someone may get their feelings hurt or feel left out.  This may seem silly but it is something I have discovered.   Today it happened again despite my best efforts and after this conversation my day seemed to go from good to horrible- a steep slope.
Satan is good.  It was mentioned in one of our meetings today that he will find the smallest crack and drive a wedge in so that there is a gaping hole.  I had a great time at ward council- we discusses specifics and worked on how we can help the members of our ward as a council and not so much as individuals.  Really good! Then sacrament went suprisingly well considering we forgot our bag that has coloring books and Friend magazines to help the kids maintain reverence.  Then several things took place that left me feeling defeated, overwhelmed and tired.  A crack and then with each new occurrence that wedge was hammered in.
I did what most women do and I talked it out with Peter, one of my counselors, a friend and then my mom.  All reminded me that I should blow it off and I will (or at least keep trying).
My day had a few silver linings that reminded me of just how blessed and loved I am.  I worked on cub scouts with Joey including helping him make dinner for the family- sloppy joes.  He did great! Peter and Joey did the clean up so that I could go make a visit.  The visit was a very good one- a wonderful contact with 2 set possible follow ups.  My kids happily went to bed and I enjoyed an evening with Peter.  I worked on a few fixes for some of the issues that came up during the day.  I feel that the wedge is being pulled out and the crack is closing.
Finally, I watched a little video tonight and was given that final reminder I needed to focus on those wonderful blessings I have.  I was reminded that Heavenly Father really does know me, He know my heart, He knows my intentions, He knows my limitations and He knows how to push me so that I can grow.  I am not perfect and He does not expect me to be. He asks that I do my best each day and remember the covenants I have made with Him.  I love the concept of a covenant and I cherish the testimony I have that His promises are sure.  With that, tomorrow is a new day and I believe my crack is nearly gone.  I will make tomorrow better and strive to remember all day that I am loved and remind those around of that same thing.

1 comment:

Kelsey Booth said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day shellie! I too have discovered that satan is really, really good at my my weaknesses and targeted his efforts there. I am sorry that you were hurt. I love you and I hope that you know how wonderful you are!