Monday, May 16, 2011

Mom, why...?

I will start with two stories before I explain the pictures.
First, Jon asked me today, "Mom, why didn't you name me Dan? I like the name Dan."
Me: "Well Jon, we liked the name Jonathon better."
Jon: "Well, I really like Dan because then I could be Dino Dan."



Second, Joey and I had this conversation on the way to school.
Joey: "Mom, did you marry dad because he is the strongest?"
Mom: "Yes, and he was smart, funny, spiritual, nice, made good choices and wanted to be a missionary."
Joey: "Oh, I think girls like it when boys are strong."
And that was the end of the conversation.


And now for a Mother's Day post (a week late).
I had a great Mother's Day. Jon gave me these beautiful beads that he made in preschool a few days early- he just couldn't wait. It is hard to tell in the picture but they are rainbow.


Joey had made several things at school- cards and such. One of them he used a code to write me a note and I had to figure it out. He did a great job!

Arabella made cute hand prints and had a stem of daisies from nursery. I love that other women are so thoughtful on Mother's day.

Peter took me on a date on Saturday night. We ate at Rock Fish (so yummy!), then Barnes and Noble to get a few books we wanted, I took him into Children's Place and we bought a few things for the baby, and finally, I took him to Yogurt Story. It is a self serve frozen yogurt place that I had taken the kids to during the priesthood session. They have been wanting to take him there so I told them I would take him. It too was yummy! If you come to visit we will take you there.

Sunday, I slept in, ate a delicious breakfast and then off to church. Peter always gets me a corsage and this year was no different. Although, I wish I had a before and after picture for you because it became my badge of motherhood. It was a complete and beautiful orchid before church. During sacrament meeting Jon had to touch the middle of the flower a few times before he was convinced it was real. Then Arabella, while giving me one of her big hugs, smashed her head against it. It was smashed a few more times before sacrament was over. By the end of church the bottom half of the center part was gone as well as one outer petal and another was folded in half. Proof that I was a mother. I loved it and I love Peter for getting me one.

Now for dinner, Peter made me herbed pork loin chops and mashed sweet potatoes. But dessert was the best part. BYU mint brownies! He found the recipe from BYU online. They were divine. I am pretty sure I ate at least 1/3 of the pan by myself. This is a photo of the last brownie. They need to be made only for special occasions- too good for one's health (at least dietary but emotionally they may be considered therapy!)


1 comment:

Megan said...

wonderful kids and hubby for a great mom!