Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm a Mormon

I have added a new button to my page and I am proud of it.
So if you did not know there is a website mormon.org and it has become a great missionary tool for the church. The January issue of the Ensign has a detailed description about it and urges members to get on a make a profile. Well, I did it.
Mormon.org was a pilot program in Las Vegas when we lived there but there were not profiles then, at least not that I knew about. It is really interesting to see the many faces of Mormonism.
It is my wish that if you have not already made a profile on there that you do it. It was actually a really thought provoking experience for me. As I typed my answers, I tried to think what I could say briefly enough to keep interest but profoundly enough to convey my true feelings for this church I love so much. Why am I a mormon? Yes, I was raised a mormon but why am I still a mormon. Then you can answer some questions about gospel principles that are frequently asked about our church. It was great trying to share answers that would make sense to someone who does not know mormon jargon or may not even be a Christian.

So my friends and family, make a profile- you may just have a really good spiritual experience. And you can do what I did and use an older picture of yourself because it is better than any of the more recent pictures you have (although I had another one and it came out really pixelated on the website).

No comments: