Monday, October 4, 2010

Two "Temple" Videos and Musings

*Last Thursday I watched a great movie that I had heard about on TV. It was a made for TV movie by HBO called "Temple Grandin". I completely recommend it. It is based on a true story about a real person.


*Then on Friday, Peter and I went to the temple. That too, is a great "video" and if you have not seen it in awhile I recommend you go soon. If I were nearby I would even offer to watch your kids so that you could go.


*I love conference! It is like a Semi-Annual Spiritual Boot Camp. I love that I listen and by the end of the two days (plus this time there was the RS Meeting- fabulous!), I have had my spirit lifted and my desire to try harder and be better strengthened. There is also tha answer of questions that may be on your mind or troubling your spirit. Sweet is the peace the gospel brings!


*Peter is the best! I had a doctor's appointment this morning and when I came home Peter was cleaning up a mess. Arabella last Friday discovered how to take off her pants and diaper- she did this 3 times. Well, apparently the fear of the possibilities of this new found talent came to fruition. Arabella apparently pooped just after waking up and decided to rid herself of the mushy discomfort. He had cleaned her up and stripped off her bedding and was scrubbing it out when I got home. Yes, I do believe that qualifies him for husband of the year.


*Peter was mistaken for a missionary when he was out doing splits with them and this morning Jon's preschool teacher thought Peter was his older brother. Kudos, for Peter for looking some boyish- which he really is a little boy at heart with a little teen mischieviousness mixed in. But, what does that say for me?!


*I caught Jon trying to hide a popcorn kernel in his belly button during conference. He was obviously so engrossed by the messages. :)

*Finally, I said I would post about Joey's lastest tournament and have not so here is a video of him doing his weapons routine for which he took first place! I was up in the stands because parents were not allowed down the on the mats so it is not the best video but I think Joey is the best!




2 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

Thanks for everything Shell!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

joey did so good. he will have to bring his weapon to thanksgiving so he can show us his sweet moves.