Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun at the Dallas Zoo

The boys did not have school today in honor of Colombus day and so we decided to head to to zoo. Jon had thrown up 3 times during the night but he was able to eat some breakfast so we stuck with our plans.
Close encounters of the gorilla kind- that is Joey and Jon by the window.
Then we rode the monorail and I was busy trying to get Arabella to sit on my lap, so no pictures.
After the monorail, we headed to the Giants of the Savana exhibit. Arabella did not want to share her elephant statue and would not smile. The boys were being total goofs.

They preferred being on this big elephant (and notice a content Arabella on her own elephant in the back). Joey is getting really big and heavy so he better learn to scale that elephant without help soon!
If I ever find a garden spider this big in my garden it had better be bullying all of the bad bugs out of my garden. That is Jon's hand.
These pictures of the cheetah were taken by Joey and Jon-good work boys!

Arabella took a few pictures too but this one she took is evidence that i was there and tha ther nose is booger free! :)

Joey was really brave and tolerated the reptile house. I think these white crocodiles are so interesting. But the disturbing part of the reptile house for me was that in a few of the "habitats" that they have the snakes and lizards in they had built to look like houses of various cultures and the snake was slithering around in there. It made it seem a little too threatening for me.
What a good looking boy!

Look mom, I can fly!

She loved all of the animals but it was really fun to feed and pet the goats.

Yee-haw!
Arabella says neigh for horse and usually this involves her spreading her feet apart and pointing with her hand between her legs- we own two stick horses and Peter gives her piggy/horsy back rides to her room. True joy on that girls face.

And finally the slide. I wouldn't let the kids play in the little water stream like thing and they were a bit sad but they had been exceptionally good and stayed by me the whole time so they were rewarded with ice cream from the "Zoo McDonald's". It is actually right next door to the zoo but that is what Jon calls it. It was a great day with my 3 amazing kids!
I had intended to post about our trip to the State Fair last week but Peter is extra effiecient and has taken those pictures off of the photocard already. Something for y'all to look forward to!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

yeah for the zoo! the goats have been closed forever - so glad you got to see them. AND - I want to see your state fair pictures. i've missed that so much this year! cute cute cute!!! and yes, the zoo mcdonalds is a must (keeps the kids wake on the way home!)