Monday, August 17, 2009

St. George

We recently met my parents in St. George for an overnight stay. The boys loved it, they went swimming twice in one day at a really fun pool. I got to go shopping with my mom, so fun! Peter and my dad played a round of golf and it was one of Peter's best rounds ever. Then that night, my parents watched the kids while we attended a play at Tuachan. It was Footloose and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The dancing was wonderful! No trip to St. George is complete without a visit to the temple to walk around the grounds.This series of pictures is me trying to get a good picture of two loving brothers?!




My parents took such a neat shot of themselves, I think my dad was testing how the camera worked before he took our picture but this is really a great shadow shot.

We are a happy family!


I love the contrast of bright, pure white walls against the landscape of the red and orange mountains. The temple almost shines among the town because of its beauty. Today I am especially grateful for the temple and the great peace that can be found there because it is the 9 year anniversary of when I was endowed. My mind brings back the emotions of that evening at the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I was surrounded by my family and my soon to be family and I felt so loved. I remember feeling so strongly that Peter would be the man that would be by my side as we journeyed through this life together. I knew he woudl help me and be with me in the eternal glory that awaits us. I do love that man! And yes I do love him more today than I did even on that day or a few days later when we were sealed for time and all eternity. These last few months I have gained a new love and respect for him as I have seen some new aspects of him. He is brave, patient, and humble. I love you Peter!

No comments: