Monday, June 8, 2009

Are the onions making you cry?

This is the cute question Joey asked me tonight as I was feeling overwhelmed with life, lack of sleep and was crying while making dinner. Peter was still at the church counting tithing and the boys came into the kitchen and saw that I was crying. They asked why and I told them I was sad that daddy did not have a job so that I had to work more and could not be at home with them as much, which is pretty much the underlying jest of all of my frustrations. Joey offered encouragement by telling me about the job daddy had applied for in California and that we could live there and I could find a new hospital to go to and help people (this was after the onions question). Jon then told me he could make me happy because they had learned about feelings in primary today and that being sad was not a good feeling. He sang me the frowny face song. My problems had not disappeared but it was wonderful to feel so much love from my sweet children and they wanted so badly to make me happy; I could not help but smile. Jon even made a silly face for me. They both asked what they could do to help me and so they set the table and did a great job! I am grateful that I can provide for my family by working and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for manifesting his love to me through the sweet spirits he entrusted me with. Maybe daddy really will get that job in California but if not maybe one somewhere else. The Lord is working on answering our prayers for that job and it may be a while yet but he answered my prayers so quickly this afternoon and it reminds me of his great power and love.

3 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

Don't you love kids! I was having a hard night last week and getting really frustrated w/Ali and right before I put her down she gave me a huge hug and kiss. It makes everything else seem less important.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

This made me cry. Wow my little nephews are amazing little guys who love their mommy sooo much. It is hard for me to believe that they are that big and understand all of this and want to help make it better. Ya'll have raised some pretty amazing little guys and I cant wait to see ya'll tomorrow!!! love you and if there is anything we can do for you please dont hesitate to ask.

Lindsey said...

hugs to you, my friend! i sure hope something comes up for you soon!!! (be glad you don't have to repair your foundation :( )