Tuesday, March 28, 2017

February Fun Part 1

February will be coming to you in two editions: the month as a whole and a special Disney edition.
First, we did a little crafting at Michael's and they loved it. 

 Peter and I were lucky enough to go to the Dallas Stars vs. Chicago Blackhawks game with our friends the Schmidts.  Kelsey was kind enough for Christmas to give us these great shirts so that we would be appropriately dressed! It was an awesome game and the Blackhawks won! 
 I made this amazing shot while playing basketball with a friend. 

 Valentine Class Party- I could only make it to Lily's because I had to work that night and the other kids were during my precious sleeping time. They were good sports about it. 
 We took the big kids to see STOMP for a valentine activity/gift. It was as fascinating and entertaining as the last time I saw them perform 9 or so years ago. 


 We took the kids fishing so the boys could work on the merit badge. 
 Lily fell in the river and Peter went in after her to rescue her. It was quite the sight to see. 

 Arabella made this incredible perler bead creation without a pattern! 
I gave Peter a little drone for Valentine's and he (as well as the kids) have enjoyed playing with it- see the picture below. 
 The kids and I all had dentist appointments.  5 kids and only one cavity. I had one cavity and needed a crown on another tooth. And in January Jon had oral surgery for his crazy growing tooth.  It has been a pricey first few months for us at the dentist but I was the worst. 

 Jon received his Arrow of Light and had his bridging ceremony for cub scouts. We are so proud of him and the time and effort he has put into achieving his goals. 
 And finally, I helped to host/plan the Stake Relief Society Conference at the end of the month. It was a beautiful event.  The speakers/teachers/presenters were so inspiring.  We heard so many wonderful comments about the classes.  And the food and decoration committees did a great job making the luncheon wonderful! The boxed lunches looked so pretty and the food was delicious! We were so blessed to have a committee to use this year and draw upon their talents and spiritual insights. 

 I did not get a picture with my presidency so I did the next best thing- a picture with 2 of my girls while the third was taking the picture. 
Joy is a gift and I am striving to find it each day and hopefully be the source of joy in others lives.

No comments: