Friday, October 21, 2016

Family Camping

I had a Friday night that I did not work (I have worked a bunch lately) and we took advantage and went on an overnight camping trip. 
It was wonderful! The weather was perfect and our friends joined us.
 This girl even found a reusable grocery bag and stuffed some of her clothes in it because the big kids were doing that to get ready. She also was really helpful with unloading and carried the ketchup! 
 Dinner was delicious- dutch oven tater tot casserole. 
We had s'mores of course for dessert. 
 Time for some fishing which lead to many stuck lines and the need for the canoe to get them unhooked. Total we caught 2 fish but neither were big enough to keep. 
 I am not sure who that big girl is but she looks a bit like my baby girl Samantha. 
 Peter in the canoe with his kids! 

 Good morning- nice bed head! 
 Oh she thought she was so cool riding in the canoe. 
The weekend was a success in that we all had fun, the weather was great, and Joseph finished off his canoeing merit badge. I hope we can find our way back to an overnight trip again soon. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I LOVE that photo of the canoe with the beautiful orange sky. So cool! Wish we could go camping with you!