Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Stake Relief Society Women's Conference

The same weekend as Joseph's UIL competition was the weekend of my Stake RS Conference. 
It was such an amazing process to select a theme, class topics, teachers, and those to help with decorations and food. I love being a part of something where the Lord's hand is felt in all that is decided upon. 
The theme we chose was "Distinct and Different in Happy Ways."  It is taken from a quote from Pres. Spencer W. Kimball in the talk "A Plea to My Sisters" given by President Russell M. Nelson at the October 2015 General Conference. It is such a beautiful message to the sisters of the church that we felt it simply needed to be the focus. 
 The decorations were done by a sister in my ward,  Whitney Hill, and her mom, Randy Niebaur, in another ward in the stake.  They did such a beautiful job. 
Each table in the cultural hall had a different flower centerpiece and a variety of the words used by Pres. Nelson to describe the women of the church cut in wood by a laser cutter. 
 Then this wall and one in the other lobby were brought into the cultural hall during the luncheon to create the big wall below. 
 The luncheon was delicious and there was plenty of food. 
Even better were the responses we got from the sisters in attendance that this was uplifting to them and they learned many things they would be able to take into their lives and homes. I loved the classes I was able to attend. President and  Sister Ames the mission presidents did an outstanding job on talking about how to prepare a missionary and to help them be ready to endure a mission. My dear friend Amanda Miller let me rope her into teaching a class on making paracord bracelets as a service project. I am so blessed to have amazing people in my life. The 3 women pictured with me above are 3 of the most amazing women that I can not believe I did not know a year ago. Suzanne Watson is on the left and is the president. She is kind, loving, happy, full of knowledge and a love of the scriptures. Lori Spear is the the right of me and she is the 1st counselor. I love her laugh and outlook on life. She knows how to get things done and is a busy lady but always has time to serve. Chris Boyce is the last one on the right and she is our secretary. She keeps us organized and ready for the next event. I know she is a woman I will cherish. She shares the most amazing gospel insights. I hope to have the spiritual vision she has someday. 
We were so relieved to have this over but overjoyed by how it turned out. We are already making notes for how we can make next year even better. 

No comments: