Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas 2015

I decided to do Christmas in 2 posts- one with phone photos taken by me and then the camera photos taken by Peter. 
 Samantha loved (still loves) this Frozen ride on toy with a button that plays "Let it Go". I should mention that there is not an off switch, we listened to that song A LOT that morning. 
 Digging into the goods- both stockings and Santa Sacks (these awesome heavy duty canvas sacks Santa brought with most of the Santa stuff fit into).

 Oh Santa, you made this girl so happy with her own sewing machine.
 Sometimes toothpaste is that wonderful that you need to pose with it. 
 Daddy's lap is the best place for checking out the new playdoh and sippy cup. 
 New Anki race car. 
 Shopkins- lots of shopkins!
 I really don't know what she is so excited about but I love her face! It was such a magical morning!
 This is when Jon immediately upon seeing what was under the paper said, "Oh, No!" and passed it to Peter. It was a set of preserved bugs (a set being a male and female beetle).  He had not anticipated seeing bugs and especially beetles that resemble cockroaches a bit.  He teases me all of the time about not liking cockroaches but we learned that he too hates cockroaches and the shock of seeing these nearly put him in tears. After further inspection, he warmed up to them but still does not want them in his room. 
 Joseph's new train set!
Arabella's first project sewn on her machine! 
Since I had worked Christmas Eve, I slept for a good part of the morning. Peter played with the kids and they played with their new toys and games.  Peter then began to work on some book shelves he is building. I have to say that I felt like I had missed out on a bit of the magic of the day while I was sleeping.  I really enjoy my job but I look forward to the day that we find something else that works as well for our family and I can stop working weekends and holidays.  

No comments: