Sunday, December 13, 2015

Arabella turns 7

(I missed a week or two and then blogger was giving me issues so now I am way behind. But, I will catch up by Christmas-at least that is my goal.)
Arabella had a great birthday and she was her usual sweet and loving self and shared her day with our dear friend Sister Jo Troxell. She turned 90 a few days after Arabella's birthday and  we through her an open house party for ward members past and present to come and honor her. 
She is an amazing person who always shows so much love, kindness, acceptance, wisdom, joy, compassion, service, and thoughtfulness.I want to be like her when I grow up!
 Anyway, on to the birthday girl!
She was so happy all day! 
We had famous pancakes for breakfast and then started prepping for our other party.
She was super helpful and let everyone know how excited she was for her party that was going to be on Tuesday when her cousins were in town for Thanksgiving. 
 When things calmed down after the first party, we opened presents and then went to dinner at the restaurant of her choice. She chose Cici's Pizza because "you pay for one thing and everything else is free," that is how she sees it anyway. 
 Tradition in our family is that you get your scriptures for your 7th birthday to give you some time to hopefully read some of them before you turn 8 and are baptized. She was really excited for them. She loved the case that Grandma and Grandpa Bird sent her (pink with owls). She also received several chapter books and was quick to dive into those and finished the first one less than 24 hours later. Her teacher told me that she is reading at nearly a 3rd grade level though she is in 1st grade. What a smarty pants!
The day was a great one and even with the craziness, I think she felt loved and special! 
This girls has taught me so much in her short 7 years! I am a better person for being her mother and I hope that she continues to be a bright light to all of those around her.

And as a side note, November 21st was also the day we left Las Vegas 6 years ago. That seems like yesterday and yet it has been such a journey of ups and downs all of which I am thankful for. We have now lived here longer than any other place and do not see ourselves leaving anytime soon. 

No comments: