Monday, November 17, 2014

Half Marathon

On November 8th, I did something that I had not done in almost 8 years to the month- 
a half marathon!

 This is my friend Jen Hair- she is my running buddy! She is my inspiration to get up at 5:30 and brave the now cold weather to run! I love it- she is amazing!
This is us before the race!
 Here I come 13.1 miles later and I have a huge smile on my face because I have just seen my family! I was so happy to see them.

 I love how the one clear picture was the one of my backside crossing the finish line! 
My official time was 1:55.32 which is about 2 seconds faster than the one I ran 8 years ago. I was definitely stiff and sore after this one for a few days but I did not get sick to my stomach that was a nice thing. 
Jen is the best looking finisher! 
I am so thankful to Peter for supporting me in this crazy adventure. I am thinking I will do one in March in Austin with some ladies from church and Jen. The picture with the girl in pink and long blond hair is a girl name Melody Talbot. We had done a little bit of back and forth in the first 4 miles and then we stuck together. As we talked, wouldn't you know it she's a Mormon too! Her name is Melody Talbot and she lives in Mckinney but is originally from Duchesne, Utah. Her husband who also ran the race and stuck with us for a few miles is a dentist and is from Delta. I also know about her 3 kids and her ward and her plans to do a full marathon on Thanksgiving Day- you go girl! You can learn a lot about a person when you have 9 miles to run together. I am so glad I met her, who knows maybe we will meet again!
I am thankful for my body that is not what it was 8 years ago but it still is able to care for my family, run a lot of miles, and allow me to do the work Heavenly Father needs and wants me to do. You bet, I would love to lose a few more pounds and someday I will find that will power but for now I will enjoy the health that I have and strive to use my body for good.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Girl - you are amazing! A half-marathon with a little baby!!! So incredibly impressed!!! Way to go!