Sunday, December 15, 2013

Jon turns 8!

Jon has been so excited about his birthday! 
He asked me on Thursday if he would get to open presents on the 14th and I said no of course. He asked why not and I said well mostly because your birthday is on the 15th! But nice try!
 Breakfast with famous pancakes and syrup (and eaten at the kitchen table which is a first in a week due to construction which I will post about later.)
 Peter and I gave Jon a scout shirt and a some video game accessories but they did not compare to the gifts from the grandparents.  They were so amazing there was dancing around the room with them and striking awesome poses!
 He told me the coolest part of this lego set is that there are pieces that glow in the dark!
 The girls were not going to be left out of the dancing.
We finished the night with the dinner of his choice: shrimp (he picked the tempura kind at Costco), tacos, and orange kool-aid.  For months he has been asking to have cheesecake for his birthday and tonight his wishes came true. It was a sampler and he loved it! 
Jon is full of spunk, curiosity, a funny side, and an explorer of sorts (including boundaries).
What I love best about Jon is that he has always been a sharer. He will give you his last bite if you want it just about every time.  He also stretches me as a parent and I am thankful for that.  I am so thankful for the way he loves to play and do different things with his little sisters.  There are things that he does not like to do but he is learning that if he does them with mom when she asks it is not the end of the world.  He is becoming a pretty good piano player and he is a problem solver- some solutions make me chuckle.  Your options in life are endless Jon and I know you will be great at whatever you decide to be and do as long as you put your mind to it.  You will be an incredible force for good, I know it! We love you so much and we are so happy that you are getting baptized! You are a very special boy and we would not trade you for anything in the world!

No comments: