Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons, Sunflower, and Squishy

It took me some time to decide where to do swimming lessons but I just did the community pool here in Lewisville. I can not say that I was overly impressed. I realize that my kids are mostly opposed to doing such things as floating, especially on their backs but, it would have helped had the teacher at least learned their names. Our second week of lessons went better, we had a different teacher.
Joey was in the wrong level but his teacher the second week did an awesome job working with him. That is actually her walking by in the picture. Next year, we will go somewhere else even if it costs more or we have to drive farther.
Go Joey!
This lovely sunflower you see was planted as a seed in Primary. This is Joey's; Jon's did not make it. I have seen things grow from seeds before but this has been amazing. How many sunflower seeds have I eaten and not given a single thought to the potential within that tasty little salty treat. You can see in the picture below that it is really tall!
And finally, I have been feeling a bit squishy lately. I have to say that I have not been exercising like I would like to; kids, humidity, heat, sleep deprivation, etc. But yes there is another reason. Coming February 11(ish), 2011 Rabner Baby #4!!!
We are quite excited! I hope Jana won't mind likely sharing her birthday.
As I was scanning this US picture, in the computer Jon asked me what it was so I told him and Joey. Jon proceeded to ask me "Why I had eaten the baby?" I tried to explain but Jon always likes detailed answers to his anatomy questions-bathtime can be interesting. Truthfully, Joey has said more than once to me over the last few weeks that I am pregnant as he pats my belly. Gee, thanks! It is my fourth so things are more willing to "show". All in all, I have felt pretty good with the usual nausea, sensitivity to smell and I am tired with no energy to do anything extra. I do feel blessed that I have the energy to care for my family and fulfill my responsibilities for Relief Society. Peter has been immensely helpful. If I can't stand the smell he is there to do it, especially the guinea pig cage.
Well, it still looks a bit like a blob but if you look really close you can see the little legs. When the doctor did this US the baby did a little bit of dancing.
I always feel way anxious at the beginning of my pregnancies hoping that everything is okay and this time has been fun because I have had two in office US already, way cool!

14 comments:

The Junior Maxwells said...

Congrats! That's great news!! :)

Megan said...

congrats a million! i am so so excited for your family! hope you feel better and are healthy throughout it all. love and miss you lots!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Shell that is WAY exciting!!! I love babies and that our family just keeps growing. Awww... you are going to have such a cute prego belly when ya'll come down for Thanksgiving. Good luck and get feeling better!

Kelsey Booth said...

That is so exciting! We are very happy for you, Peter, Joey, Jon and Bella! We can't wait to see you in a few months!

Janna said...

Congratulations!! How exciting....:)

Lindsey said...

yippee! can't believe you didn't say anything earlier!!!! so excited for y'all!!!

Rachel Biesinger said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful little family you have. I hope this pregnancy goes really well. I can't wait to see you next month!
Love,
Ray

Unguren said...

Congrats on the baby!

TCThalman said...

So happy for you guys. I can't wait to see you when you come up. It will be so fun to have another baby in the family. Way happy for you guys.

TCThalman said...

Way excited for you guys. It will be so fun to have another baby in the family. We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Hope you start to feel better. Love you tons.

Heather Wihongi said...

Congraulations, Shellie! I'm so excited for you guys! With the three cute kiddos you already have, this baby girl/boy is destined to be adorable!

Cristi L. said...

You're amazing!! My kids are all very excited for all of you. K said, "Arabella is goin' to be a big sister!" Congratulations! Maybe we'll come for the blessing!

Wendy said...

Awesome, Shell! Feb. 11 is a good day (my boy's birthday)... but I will still hope for your sake that he/she comes early ;) Congrats!

Unknown said...

That is great!!